Monday, June 18, 2012

3-Cheese Cordon Bleu Pasta ~~~ WHAT?!

Hey Hey Hey Fellow Bloggers!!! It's me, MommyBee :) Hope you all are in good spirits today! I know I am! So since lifes good (for the moment at least)---- and while I'm in such a good mood, I thought that I would share with you a delicious new recipe! (I'm really not trying to turn this into a food blog---promise) See, the thing is, when G is not here, I really don't cook all that much. Me, M, and A are pretty content with the occasional take-out, frozen pizza, hamburger helper, or ramen noodles. <<<<this may not make a whole lot of sense, because those of you that know me, know that I LOVE to cook>>>>  But I guess I just feel like, when G's not here theres really no point in making a big, wonderful dish for dinner because the truth is M and A could really care less. Sooooo anyways- I'm rambling---- back to the point. Since G is home for the time being, I thought tonight would be a good night to make one of his favorites, 3 Cheese Cordon Bleu Pasta. I have to admit, the concept of Condon Bleu Pasta was not entirely original, (the original idea came from here ) but I feel like I've tweaked it enough to be my own. So here goes----

3-Cheese Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

What you'll need:

- 1 lb. pasta (any shape, just not spagetti or fettucini)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Provel, shredded or in strings
- 1 8oz brick Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 1 8oz package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 8oz package Diced Ham
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Chicken, cooked and cubed
- Salt
- Pepper
- Cayene Pepper
-So, first things first --- you're going to want to cook and cube your chicken
-Then, cook your pasta (make sure to add plenty of salt and a bit of oil to the water)
-Once your pasta is cooked to an al dente firmness, drain, and return it to the pot
-Then, add in the cooked, cubed ham and the cooked, cubed chicken
It will look a little something like this:
-Now it's time to start pre-heating the broiler
-In a medium sized saucepan combine the milk and cream cheese (it's really important that your cream cheese is softened for this)
-Cook this over low/medium heat, stirring frequently, until it becomes smooth
-Once the texture reaches a smooth consistency, add it to the pasta/chicken/ham mixture
-Then, stir in the provel, the swiss cheese, cayene pepper, salt, and pepper
It will look a little something like this:
-Mix everything together until the cheese is melted and then throw it all into a baking pan
-Top with the Panko crumbs, and pour the melted butter over the top
-Place the dish in the oven and broil until the top is browned (about 4 minutes)
This is the dish:
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This is soooooooo good and sooooooooo easy!!! I hope you all like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment