Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweet Shoppe Party Games, Etc....

Hey Hey Hey!!! Hope this blog is reaching you all in good spirits :) This is MommyBee of course & today will be my final blog on M and A's Sweet Shoppe Party. Bitter-Sweet, I know. But anyway, as promised today will be mostly about the games and some other fun misc. stuff. So, without further ado - Heeerrrreeee we go!
Let's start with the games.This is a picture of the table next to the candy buffet.
This table was mostly for Misc. items that I didn't really know where else to put ^^^ We had birthday hats, bubbles, the DumDum tree (don't worry, I have the tutorial on here, just keep scrolling), and a basket filled with swirly pops. This was also where we put the 'Guess the Gumdrops' game. This was really easy to put together & everyone seems to like it for the most part. That green basket held everything we needed for our 'Peppermint Races'. I (unfortunately) didn't get any pictures of the game but let me try & explain how it works. Okay, so basically you line all the kids (and adults) up. You ask them what level of hardness do they want (level 1- spoon, level 2- fork, and level 3- knife). Give them their silverware, place a peppermint on it & whoever reaches the finish line with their peppermint first wins! This was a well liked game.We also did a 'Licorice Competition'. For this game, I had all the kids (and adults) place their hands behind their back. Then, I placed a piece of licorice in each of their mouths. The object of the game was to see who could finish their piece first witout using their hands. We also had a cupcake shaped pinata (which I did get a picture of)

That's M getting ready to swing :) & of course, EVERYONE loved the pinata. We also did a 'Pin the Cherry on the Cupcake' game--- & if I do say do myself, it was super duper cute!!! Here are the pics:

See?? I told you! SuperDuperCute!!! This was soooo simple to make & everyone just thought it was adorable :) It was so easy to make to! Just some big, colorful poster board from the dollar store, tape, and glue. & I think that's about all we did for the games that day. Okay, now, what you've been waiting for --- the DumDum Tree.
Ahhhh!  I just love this! So, basically all you need is A LOT of Dum Dum suckers, a styrafoam ball, a styrafoam block, a doll rod, a pail or bucket, and then something to cover the styrafoam block (we used jelly beans). A word of caution though --- as easy as this is, you can still screw it up!!! (believe me, I know) Be careful of the size of the styrafoam ball that you get--- bigger is not always better. This thing gets suuuuper heavy with all those suckers in it, and you don't want it getting knocked over. That was our biggest issue, it was just so top heavy that it was hard to keep standing (we eventually put rocks in the bottom of the pail to keep it steady. Well, I suppose that's about it for the Sweet Shoppe Party. We covered the candy buffet, the food, the cake & ice cream, the games, and the decorations. If I left anything out that you really need to know, feel free to ask :) In the mean-time, I'm going to get started on my sister, B's, graduation party!!! (details soon to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment