Saturday, June 9, 2012

Graduation Gifts ~

Hey there bloggers! MommyBee here!! Sorry it's taken so long to get back to my blog- things have been pretty nutt-so around here as of late. Here's an update-- G has been in Kansas on work since Tuesday, M is finally do with school, I'm finally done with school, and A is well, fine. Since M and A's birthday party, I've immersed myself in yet another project. My baby sis, B, just graduated from highschool!! Sooo, since I'm not really involved in the planning of the party, I've put all my energy and focus into the gifts. I know, I know, new grads--- they all want money. Buuuttt, I'm not a 'give money for a gift' type of person. I'd rather give something a little more personal, you know? Sooooo, I decided to make her a graduation scrapbook. (You may not know this, but I'm something of a scrapbooking genius). Here's the first page:
Ok, Ok, so let me be the first to say, this picture ^^^ does not do it (or me) any justice. You'll just have to trust me ---- it's WAY cute!!! And I'm sooooooo excited to give it to her!! Then, M and A wanted to get her something especially from them, so we decided to go with cheap & yummy --- cookies! We bought a zebra striped box from Hobby Lobby and then prined out a label for it that says: 'Congratulations Aunt B! You're One Smart Cookie!' It lookes like this:
That would've been enough--- if I was a normal human being --- but we all know, I'm not. So we also put together these really cute 'Exam Cram Baskets' (one for B and one for her boyfriend, who also graduated this year) They look like this:
I just bought a 3$ basket from Walmart and filled it up with all kinds of 'exam-ish' things. I put a notebook, pens, pencils, hylighters, 2 bottles of Jones soda, notecards, sticky post-its, ibuprofen, a reusable coffe cup, and some snacks. The super cute 'Exam Cram Survival Kit' printable came from here. <<< (She also has tons of other gift basket ideas). And finally, we put together two candy boxes (one for each of the grads). This is what it looks like without the poem attached:
This idea came from several different sources, and I ended up just making my own poem (pulling from different ideas here and there) This is how the poem reads:
'Look at you Smartie pants! We're so proud of your aMazing accomplishment! You've studies Extra hard and earned that--- Whatchamacallit? Oh, yeah, diploma. Don't listen to Snickers that you are a DumDum or Nerd. Because you are one Hot Tamale in this Milky Way!! You are on your way to making 100 Grand. Now I know that it has been a Rocky Road with Mounds and Sour Patch's along the way--- But you have proven that you're not an Airhead, and now you've reached the ultimate Payday. Don't Rolover thinking you're some Red Hot Big Hunk that can live off of a Sugar Daddy. Just Take Five and enjoy your Fast Break of summer. Soon enough you'll have to hit the books and Scor high on those exams because it is up to you wether or not you succeed. There are Good N Plenty times ahead and remember, if you ever need a lifesaver you can count on us. Congratualtions Sweetart!! Hugs and Kisses! We love you to Pieces!! ~ Love, MommyBee, G, M, and A'
Cute right?? You see, everything that's underlined is in the box--- it's all candy!!! When I saw all the different interpretations of this gift idea I knew that I had to do this :)
Well, I suppose thats about it on graduation gifts ---  Until next time, bloggers
xoxoMommyBeexoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment