Thursday, May 24, 2012

cAkE & iCe CrEaM!

Hey there fellow bloggers!! I told you'd I'd be back :) And man, oh, man, I'm fast too! LOL --- Two posts in two days (shows you just how bored I am!- Yes, you guessed it, G is out of town on business) Well, lets get to it then. I told you I'd be back with more party details & here I am. I think we'll do the cake & ice cream for this one. Yes, you read that right. We had a CAKE, ICE CREAM, and a CANDY BUFFET!!! (Let me tell you, the parents were hating me that day) Anywho--- here we are with the cake
Cute right?? Anyway, not bad for a couple of amatures LOL (Well my friend T has been at Johnson and Wales University for the past year speacializing in pastrys, so shes not a total amature) In fact, T did almost everything for the cake.
 We wanted something overly colorful and topsy turvy. I just think it turned out great. The way that it looks does not reflect the amount of time and energy that went into it - Believe Me!! Needless to say, I will not be giving a tutorial on how to make this (it was just to dang difficult) But what I will be giving a tutorial on is the ice cream. No, no, no, not how to make ice cream ---- how to serve ice cream. How to serve a lot of ice cream that fastest and most simple way ever. Believe me, this is a time saver!! Let's start with a couple of pics ~
First things first, get out your muffin tins and add some cupcake liners (colorful ones :)
 Now, get to scooping! 1 scoop per liner should be plenty- and you may have to dip your scooper in some warm water a couple times to get nice and round scoops
And finally, you'll end up with something like this ^^^^ After you've gotten as many scoops as you want, just stick the muffin tins in the freezer to let the ice cream balls harden. Then, when your ready to serve cake and ice cream, just grab the tins from the freezer and let everyone grab one. This is such a timesaver!! Believe me, it beats standing there scooping out individual servings for each person!  And if you're looking to impress everyone on how creative you are, this is the idea your looking for! Well, I suppose thats about it for now bloggers, more details later!!!
xoxoMommyBeexoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment