Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting Ready for the Party

Hey there everyone! It's me ~ MommyBee! So I'm really very excited to share with you all the details of M and A's birthday party this year! M and A were born 2 years and 2 weeks apart so what we usually do is just throw them one huge bash sometime in-between their actual birthdays ---- This saves on money (sometimes) and on time (because I can concentrate all of my time on one party instead of two). So this year we've decided to do a (drum roll please) 'SWEET SHOPPE PARTY!' Yay! I think I'm more excited than the girls :) If you haven't caught on yet, I'm a total nun when it comes to party planning. I LOVE PARTY PLANNING! (and I'm pretty good at to~ if I do say so myself) So, let's see, first things first are the invitations --- The invitations are important because they are the first things your guests are gonna see regarding your party. They have to reflect what exactly your party is going to be like & they have to get your guests excited about coming to (soooo, sorry Hallmark, but those square/rectangle, pastel, boring, comes in a pack of 10, invitations are out) This is what I did for our Sweet Shoppe Party~~~~

 Aren't they fun??!!! Yes, they were a pain in the butt to make- but their cute-ness makes up for it :) Basically all I did was cut circles out of that fun, stripey, scrapbooking paper, printed out the actual invitaion from Word, then cut that into a smaller circle, glued the two circles together, glued one of those skinny popcicle sticks to the back and put a bow on the front and voila~ super adorable, handmade, lollipop invitations (I have to admit, the idea isn't entirely original- I owe much of it to The TomKat Studio) Oh, and here's what the invitaion says:
Lollipop, Lollipop
Oh, Lolli Lolli Lolli Lollipop!

Cupcakes, Lollipops, and Gumdrops Galore
What A Sweet Celebration We Have In Store!
Please Join Us As Our Two Little Sweeties Turn 3 and 5
M and A's Sweet Shoppe
Will Be Opening On (Date)
at (Time)
(Address)
~Be a sweetie and RSVP~
Cute right? Well--- I'm happy with them (if you can't already tell) Anyways, that's about it for now I suppose--- more party details in the future :)
xoxoMommyBeexoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment